Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

It's not the old Skamper


Denise made a comment about comparing our RV, or the big bus RVs, with the old Skamper camper that my family traveled in. The attached picture wasn't the camper we had, but it is similar.

We have enjoyed the relative luxury of our RV, and you get used to living in tighter quarters than usual. It would be a much bigger adjustment to really squeeze into a small pop-up camper like my family's old Skamper. I think that we are all used to having more in our life, and scaling down to a pop-up camper is a big adjustment. I only have the fun memories, and have blocked out the bad ones (after only 30+ years!). It is real hard to imagine our family traveling in one of these, but I guess we're spoiled.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?