Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Update on technology...

In my previous technology post, I had left a couple of open questions.

First of all, the iCarPlay Plus worked fine when I tested it. The sound isn't as good as you get with a CD or an iPod directly, and it is suceptible to FM interference. I think that in the wide open spaces it will work better than it does in the city.

I had hoped to have access to all my iPod libraries from one external hard drive connected to my laptop. Libra worked fine to manage the libraries, and it was no problem backing up the iPod libraries onto my external hard disk. However, iTunes wasn't very cooperative. The podcasts wouldn't get imported by Libra, so I had to set them up again. Also, each iPod has to be switched to synch up the library on the external disk rather than the one on its usual PC at our house. I may do this once we are underway if we really get into podcasting (or, we can just listen to the podcasts on our laptop...).

Also, after playing around with everything and wondering how good our Internet access will be while we're away, I will probably download The Daily Show and The Colbert Report from iTunes rather than try to watch them via our Slingbox. We'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?