Monday, July 24, 2006

 

The Mail Must Go Through

I've spent a lot of time on technology, but there are also offline issues to worry about when you go away for so long.

We have various people who do some work at our house, and they don't do online billing. So, we need to get the bills from the guy who cuts our lawn and the guy who takes care of our pool, which we will keep up while we're gone. And, I get nervous if I let my mail sit for too long. So, my assistant at work is going to send us our mail a couple of times while we're gone. Then, I can catch up on our bills.

I pay all my bills online via Quicken. So, Quicken and my data files had to get moved onto my laptop. And, I need to bring my checkbook, stamps, etc. Luckily, I was able to get most of our billers (credit cards, utilities, phone company, etc.) to bill us online. I'll get an email when the bill comes out, and can go online to review it. Then, I can pay it in Quicken, like usual.

By having our mail sent a couple of times, we can also keep up with magazines, although I may also get some downloaded as we go. Zinio has many magazines that you can subscribe to (or buy single issues). Newsstand has lots of newspapers that you can download if you miss your hometown paper.

I relax more knowing that all this stuff is taken care of, so I guess I can't really get away from it all without keeping up with it all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?